Janell Ridenour, PA-C was raised in Lecompton, KS. After obtaining her undergraduate degree she spent a year doing basic science research at Harvard Medical School in the department of Neurobiology, After attending PA school, she and her husband Dennis lived in Boston while Janell practiced in neurolotogy and pediatrics at Boston Children’s Hospital.
After moving to KC in 2008, Janell has worked in general ENT at Topeka ENT, pediatric ENT at Children’s Mercy and Neurotology at the Otologic Center. Prior to joining Ascentist ENT, Janell most recently was part of the core faculty for the UMKC Physician Assistant program.
Janell spends her time outside of work trying to keep up with her 4 beautiful children. She and her husband Dennis spend a great deal of time at soccer fields and gymnastics meets. They have a very active family that loves being outdoors and enjoying all that KC has to offer.
University of Dallas – Bachelor of Science 1998-2002
Yale Medical School – Masters of Medical Science 2003-2005
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Complications with Hydroxyapatite in Mastoid Cavity Obliteration, Journal of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. 2008 Nov; 139 (5):641-5. Authors: Janell Ridenour*, David W. Roberson, Dennis S. Poe
- Combined Spring Otolaryngology Meetings/American Otological Society 2007
- Complications with Hydroxyapatite in Mastoid Cavity Obliteration, Presentation: Janell Ridenour*, Dennis S. Poe, David W. Roberson, East Coast Nerve Net Conference 2004
- Identification of a Transcript Induced by Wounding in the Crayfish Limb, Poster: Susan Bailey, Janell Stadler*, Kelly Meinert, Jacob Merriman, and Geoffrey Ganter, East Coast Nerve Net Conference 2003
- Patterns of Gene Expression and Social Experience, Presentation: Janell Stadler*, Geoffrey Ganter, and Edward Kravitz, National Science Foundation Grant at Harvard Medical School
- Co-Chair Parent Faculty Advisory Council for Rare Disorders Children’s Mercy Hospital
- Ambassador RareKC
ACTIVITIES & ORGANIZATIONS